Remodeling the Bathroom in Derby: Where to start?
Bathrooms are a very important room in the home, which is a very good reason to keep them up to date. If you are considering a bathroom remodel, you are probably wondering where to start? Should you rip out everything and just start afresh? Perhaps just a few tweaks to the current construction would fit the bill. The first thing you need to do is a careful assessment of the space, shower enclosures, shower doors, hardware and water damage if applicable. Next, determine what you want to accomplish with the space.
It can be a real trick to make a small bathroom fully functional without creating a cramped feeling. There are several ways to accomplish this goal and if it is a tiny area, you may need to employ them all. Consider some of the following tips:
- Paint- Light colors make a space look larger while darker colors diminish the size. There are several shades of white to choose from or even use a light pastel tint and still get the same effect. Take the paint all the way to the ceiling, and paint it either the same color or a lighter color.
- Wood- if you are going to use wooden cabinetry work with natural light colors.
- Sinks- When you are attempting to open up floor space it is often helpful to select a wall mounted or pedestal type.
- Lights- Consider more smaller lights as opposed to one single ceiling mount.
- Shower Doors- you wouldn’t necessarily think that shower doors would make that much difference when it comes to opening up floor space; however remember that you are talking about creating an illusion. Frameless doors are the best option for this.
Perhaps you already have or would like to create an unusual space. Rounded shower enclosures are definitely unique and will make a statement. Can you imagine a stone and glass combination? Set in a corner and with a half-moon shape complete with gently rounded solid glass doors and minimal hardware to mar the perfection! Who needs a five star hotel when you have your very own luxurious shower enclosures?
Whether you are remodeling a Victorian manse, a modern villa or anything in between the bathroom is a smart place to invest a little extra care and coin. Even if you have no plans to ever sell your home installing new shower enclosures, modern lighting and a few other fine details can make it your oasis. Imagine coming home from a long day at work to a pulsating shower behind a frameless sliding construction. Sound nice? There are tons of possibilities when it comes to creating the perfect bathroom, and if you take the time to form a plan based on your desired results the project should run smooth as glass! shower doors may seem like a trivial pursuit, but just wait until you see what a difference they can truly make.